We now know the reason for Coolio's death: it was an overdose of fentanyl
Steph Deschamps / April 8, 2023
We now know what the famous American rapper Coolio died of. After analysis, it turns out that Coolio died from an overdose of fentanyl. The cause of death of the rapper, who died last September at the age of 59, was announced Thursday. As a reminder, he had been found lying on the floor of a friend's bathroom on September 28, 2022.
Several media outlets reported, based on his death certificate, that traces of heroin and methamphetamine were also found in Coolio's blood. Fentanyl, a very powerful painkiller, can cause a fatal overdose, even in small amounts. The deed also indicates that Coolio suffered from severe asthma, cardiomyopathy and had recently used the hallucinogenic drug PCP.
Coolio's relationship with the drug was well known.
Coolio, whose real name is Artis Leon Ivey Jr, is best known for such 1990s hits as "Gangsta's Paradise," "C U When U Get There" and "Fantastic Voyage. »